Sigma Underwriting Managers
What are the benefits of doing business with SUM?
Sigma Underwriting Managers (SUM) is the nationwide wind catastrophe property insurance specialists for commercial and habitational properties with over 100 years of combined underwriting experience. As the nationwide wind catastrophe property insurance specialists, Sigma offers the following advantages:
- Knowledge and Authority – We are a Zurich Program Administrator and London Correspondents, not a wholesale broker.
- Broad Eligibility – Commercial and habitational properties more than 1/2 mile (2,500 feet) from the ocean, gulf, Intra-coastal waterway, seacoast, bay, risks on barrier islands are not permitted.
- London Correspondents
- Broad Limits – Up to $50,000,000 without referral.
- Comprehensive coverage, wide range of deductibles and nationwide eligibility.
- Exceptional Service – Quotes and binders issued in 48 hours or less, CAT modeling software and a state-of-the-art electronic policy issuance.
- Generous commission structure.
- Underwritten by a member company of Zurich, an A.M. Best “A+” XV rated carrier.
- Policies underwritten through our London contracts are A.M. Best rated “A” Excellent and Standard & Poor’s Rated “A+”.
Sigma Underwriting Managers are Program Administrators for Zurich and London correspondents, not an Excess & Surplus (E&S) broker. We only underwrite for our carrier partners, we do not broker accounts. Working with Sigma is like working directly with the carrier. We offer a competitive commission and a high level of service to our clients. Contact us for more information about our underwriting services.
Read Zurich’s Guide to securing rooftop equipment in hurricane prone regions to help keep water out of your building and your your roof cover intact.